Grants to nonprofit organizations for programs and activities that benefit local residents. Funding is intended to promote education for young people, especially women in fields related to the sciences; improve the lives of those who suffer from chronic illnesses; and support efforts to protect and help those affected by violence.
The Petit Foundation funds two types of grants:
- General Project Support Grants: Most of the funds are used for the programs of organizations, supplies, or projects.
- Signature Grants: Must meet the existing grant criteria and impact a larger number of people. Some examples of Signature Grants are multi-year partnerships with the Health Lodge Channel 3 Kids Camp and Women in Science initiative at the CT Science Center.
During the review process the PFF Grants Committee puts a significant focus on the following criteria:
- Mission alignment with Petit Family Foundation’s mission and goals.
- Financial and Programmatic Capacity: Successful applicants will show evidence that they are stable, and their program plans give the Foundation confidence their work will be sustained beyond the Foundation’s funding.
- Leadership: Successful applicants will have strong leadership that is collaborative and knowledgeable about the community and the field in which they operate.
- Measurable Results: The Foundation places a high priority on organizations that are able to clearly articulate organizational goals, present a clear plan for achieving results and track outcomes and impact on the people and communities served.
The Foundation prefers to fund equipment and supplies and tend to avoid paying for salary or benefits as the Foundation cannot guarantee ongoing funding.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source’s website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To receive the Grant Request Form by mail, or to answer any questions, please contact Ms. Jayme V. Ierna, Chair of the Grants Committee at email@example.com
Petit Family Foundation
PO Box 310
Plainville, CT 06062
FAX: (860) 517-8307