Finding grants for your business and creating the stream of income you desire is possible if you know where to look. There is availability of grants of up to $50,000 to Alaska individual entrepreneurs to create, develop, and expand business ideas in communities in which the funding source has a business presence. Funding is intended to improve social conditions and promote economic development in the communities in the Norton Sound region.
If you are a business owner or one looking to start one, but have no access to funds, finding grants can help you get your dream business started. Here’s an opportunity to apply for a $50, 000 grant that can help you get that business plan moving forward. AfricanAmericanGrants.org is committed to compiling grants for your business to help you grow your business and take it to the next level.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of submittal of the application
- Qualify as a Norton Sound resident as specified in the NSEDC Norton Sound Residency Requirements
- Have no delinquent balances through NSEDC’s Consolidated Bulk Fuel program
- Have no outstanding financial liens or judgments against the applicant or the business
- The proposed business concept must directly benefit at least one (1) of NSEDC’s fifteen (15) member communities by either expanding or establishing a business
- The applicant must not have previously received a Small Business Initiative (SBI) grant
For consideration, this application must be postmarked by July 15, 2021 or delivered to the NSEDC Anchorage office by 4:00 p.m. on July 15, 2021. Faxed or e-mailed proposals will not be accepted. Early submissions are encouraged.
The application period occurs every other year (during odd years), and generally opens after the new year and closes in mid-July. The application evaluation and judging process takes place in August and September, with award recipients notified by October.