Cultural awareness is essential when you are interested in connecting with the community where you are. Grant-issuing agencies and organizations are at the fore-front of encouraging grant-seekers on how they can apply for grants for Cultural awareness in their communities.
Women who are actively involved in community building can utilize the opportunities that they have access to for community building. There are a number of community grants that are specifically tailored toward community engagement and development you can access on our website.
The grant eligibility criteria for this offer are quite open. You would have to be working closely with your community in the following areas namely:
- Raising consciousness
- Changing the way people think about themselves, their self-esteem, and their lifestyle
- Be an active part of community movement for change
- Be a voice against racism, classism, ageism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, and other types of oppression
- Helping build people up and give them access to resources
- Engage, utilize community resources for the betterment of the community members
The social change intent behind your project or work in the community should be reflected in what you do. The process of applying for this grant, involves the work that you have done and have actively taken part in the community.
The application process for this grant is a simple one that requires simple answers, and the provision of past work history and other relevant experience that you may have, and intend to bring to the group. Overall the application process is a seamless one that does not took too many processes to complete.